How do I get an appointment at the South Carolina DMV? If you are a new resident of South Carolina, you may need to consider some of the processes and paperwork necessary to keep your vehicle’s documents in order, as well as the driver’s documents in order.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork in the state of Rhode Island.
You can schedule an appointment at DMV South Carolina online, over the phone or in person at an office near you.
Request an appointment at DMV South Carolina
- Log on to DMV South Carolina at http://scdmvonline.com/.
- You can also log in from scdmvonline.com/Schedule-Appointment to schedule your DMV South Carolina appointment.
- Choose from Online Services, Real ID, ID licensing, commercial licensing, testing or forms.
- You can schedule an appointment, exam, renew your license, ID card, request a duplicate, make changes or payments.
- However, you can also check the hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some South Carolina DMV offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.
At DMV South Carolina, an appointment-only reservation system has been implemented for certain required in-person transactions that cannot be completed online, by phone or by mail.
Best times to visit the South Carolina DMV
Here are some tips on the best times to visit the South Carolina DMV.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays
- The DMV South Carolina office starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees. Try to avoid the lunch hour if possible.
- Make sure you have enough time to finish your paperwork, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
What to do at DMV South Carolina
DMV South Carolina is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online.
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allows you to complete a number of transactions online from the comfort of your home. Find out how to reserve a vanity plate, renew your vehicle registration or obtain your certified driver registration online.
- Online services and appointment scheduling
- Driver’s License
- Real ID
- Vehicle Services
- Driver Services
- Driver Forms and Manuals
- Vehicle registration and title renewal
What to bring to your South Carolina DMV appointment
If you’re applying for a driver’s license or a travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in South Carolina, you’ll need to bring some documents with you to your South Carolina DMV appointment. If you have all of your documents with you, your visit will go faster and smoother. Documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate
- Proof of social security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form
- Two documents proving South Carolina residency, such as a utility bill or a lease agreement
DMV South Carolina offices
As you may know, the DMV South Carolina is an office dedicated to serving anyone who wishes to process their vehicle, driver’s license or identification card documents throughout the state.
- 15 Saluda Dam Rd, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone DMV South Carolina: +18642411147