How do I get an appointment at the New Hampshire DMV? If you are a new resident of New Hampshire, you may need to consider some of the processes and paperwork necessary to keep your vehicle’s documents in order, as well as the driver’s documents in order.
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork in the state of New Hampshire. You can schedule a DMV New Hampshire appointment online, over the phone or in person at an office near you.
Request an appointment at DMV New Hampshire
- Log in from the New Hampshire DMV at https://www.dmv.nh.gov/.
- Choose from Online Services, Driver’s License/ID, Driver, Vehicle, Paperwork or Forms.
- You can schedule an appointment, test, renew your license, ID card, request a duplicate, make changes or payments.
- However, you can also check the hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some New Hampshire DMV offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.
At DMV New Hampshire, an appointment-only reservation system has been implemented for certain required in-person transactions that cannot be completed online, by phone or by mail.
Best times to address the New Hampshire DMV
Here are some tips on the best times to visit the New Hampshire DMV.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays
- The DMV Hampshire office starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees. Try to avoid the lunch hour if possible.
- Make sure you have enough time to finish your paperwork, especially if you are getting a permit or taking a road test.
What to do at DMV New Hampshire
DMV New Hampshire is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online.
Here are some of the services you’ll be able to perform at DMV New Hampshire online appointments.
- Driver’s License Renewal
- Non-driver ID renewal
- Respond to a ticket
- Motorcycle training classes
- Duplicate license or ID
Driver’s license/ID – driver
- Apply for your first driver’s license/non-driver’s ID
- Duplicate driver’s license or non-driver’s ID
- Renew a driver’s license / non-driver’s ID
- Transfer license from another state
- Update personal information
- Motorcycle license endorsement
- Update CDL Medical Card
- Additional driver license information
Vehicles, boats and titles
- Vessel registrations
- Duplicate Registration
- Duplicate Title
- Registration Renewal
- Replacement Plates / Decals
- Temporary Plates
- Walking Disability Placards
- Additional Vehicle Registration Information
- Additional Title Information
Tickets, Accidents or Restorations
- Request a driving record
- Request an accident report
- Motor vehicle tickets
- Pay a restoration fee
- Additional financial responsibility information
What to Bring to Your New Hampshire DMV Appointment
If you are applying for a driver’s license or a travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in New Hampshire, you will need to bring some documents with you to your New Hampshire DMV appointment. If you have all of your documents with you, your visit will be quicker and smoother. Documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as passport or birth certificate
- Proof of social security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form
- Two documents proving New Hampshire residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement
New Hampshire DMV offices
As you may know, the New Hampshire DMV is an office dedicated to serving anyone who wishes to process their vehicle, driver’s license or identification card documents throughout the state.
- 23 Hazen Drive – Concord, New Hampshire | 03305
- New Hampshire DMV phone: (603) 227-4000
- TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
- Email: NH.DMVHelp@dos.nh.gov
List of DMV New Hamsphire Locations
- Colebrook 17 Bridge Street (Town Hall)
- Concord 23 Hazen Drive
- Dover 50 Boston Harbor Road
- Epping 315 Calef Highway
- Gorham 491 Main Street Mountain Valley Plaza
- Keene 149 Emerald Street Suites A-1 and A-2
- Manchester 377 South Willow Street
- Milford 4 Meadowbrook Drive
- Nashua 110 Broad Street
- Newport 20 North Main Street
- North Haverhill 3785 Dartmouth College Highway (Grafton County Courthouse)
- Salem 154 Main Street (behind Romano’s Pizzeria)
- Tamworth 1864 White Mountain Highway
- Twin Mountain 549 Route 302 West
- List with complete map: DMV New Hampshire