How do I get an appointment at the Missouri DMV? If you are a new Missouri resident, you may need to consider some of the processes and paperwork necessary to keep your vehicle’s documents in order, as well as the driver’s documents in order.
The Department of Revenue (DOR) is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork in the state of Missouri.
You can schedule a DMV Missouri appointment online, over the phone or in person at an office near you.
Request an appointment at DMV Missouri
- Log in from the Missouri DOR at https://dor.mo.gov/motorv/.
- Choose from Online, Vehicle or Driver License related services.
- You can schedule an appointment, exam, renew your license, ID card, request a duplicate, make changes or payments.
- However, you can also check hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some Missouri DMV offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.
At DMV Missouri, an appointment-only reservation system has been implemented for certain required in-person transactions that cannot be completed online, by phone or mail.
Best times to address the Missouri DMV
Here are some tips on the best times to visit the Missouri DMV.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays
- The Missouri DMV office starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees. Try to avoid the lunch hour if possible.
- Make sure you have enough time to finish your paperwork, especially if you’re getting a permit or taking a road test.
What to do at DMV Missouri
DMV Missouri is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online.
Here are some of the services you will be able to perform at DMV Missouri online appointments.
- Consult with a virtual assistant
- Personalize and reserve a license plate for your vehicle
- Check vehicle liens
- Renew a license plate
- View special license plates
- Consult an inspection station for your vehicle
- Check renewal requirements
- Calculate the tax due on your vehicle
Driver License Services:
Going to the Missouri DMV
If you are applying for a driver’s license or a travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in Missouri, you will need to bring some documents with you to your appointment with the Missouri DMV. If you have all of your documents with you, your visit will go faster and smoother. Documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate
- Proof of social security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form
- Two documents proving Missouri residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement
Missouri DMV offices
As you may know, the Missouri DMV is an office dedicated to serving anyone who wishes to process their vehicle, driver’s license or identification card documents throughout the state.
The Department of Revenue Central Office is located in Jefferson City, but there are offices throughout Missouri to assist you with motor vehicle or driver’s license titling and registration transactions.
- Harry S Truman State Office Building
- 301 West High Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Directions to the Harry S Truman Building
DMV Missouri phone and mailing numbers.
- About Driver’s License: 573-526-2407
- email: email@example.com
- Mailing Addresses: DMV Missouri
- About Motor Vehicles: 573-526-3669
- Procedures: Vehicle and License Plate Services
- Pay Missouri Taxes: 573-751-3505
- Pay Personal Taxes
- Pay Business Taxes
- Interactive Payment Line: 888-929-0513
Open records request (Sunshine Act):
For Missouri vehicle related paperwork
- License plate renewals by phone (call to confirm eligibility Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.): (573) 751-1957
- Motor vehicle licensing and registration (general): (573 ) 526-3669
- Boat/boat registration and licensing (general): (573) 526-3669
- Child support garnishments: (573) 526-3669
- Dealer licensing office: (573) 526-3669
- Distributor Complaint Line: (800) 887-3994
For driver’s licenses in DMV Missouri
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week inquiries: (573) 526-2407
- Driver’s License (general information): (573) 751-4600
- Administrative alcohol suspensions (DWI), hearings: (573) 526-2407
- Points and traffic tickets: (573) 526-2407
- Driver’s license issuance: (573) 751-4600
- Letter of authorization: (573) 751-4600
- Failure to appear in court for traffic violations: Missouri courts only: (573) 526-0939
- Unpaid tickets: Missouri courts only: (573) 526-0939
- Accidents: (573) 751-7195
- Mandatory Insurance: (573) 751-7195