Steps to an appointment at the Maryland DMV. If you are a new resident of Maryland, you may need to be aware of some of the processes and paperwork required to keep your vehicle documents, as well as the driver’s documents, in order.
The Maryland Office of Motor Vehicle Administration (MAV), the equivalent of the DMV, is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork in the state of Maine. You can schedule a BMV Maryland appointment online, by phone or in person at an office near you.
Whether it’s to renew your license, take a driver’s test, or simply change your address, the MAV Maryland is an important area which offers a number of services for the vast majority of people.
While you can often go in person and invest your time in expediting your paperwork, you may choose to use other online avenues to complete your driver’s license paperwork.
Steps to get an appointment at MAV Maryland
- Log in from Motor Vehicle Administration MAV Maryland at https://mva.maryland.gov/.
- Choose the services located in the top area between Drivers, Vehicles and Online Services to schedule your appointment at MAV Maryland.
- You will be able to access programs, services and resources online, as well as schedule your appointment at MAV Maryland.
- However, you will also be able to check hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some MAV Maryland offices will be able to serve you in person, others from telephone services.
Consider the wide variety of services you can perform online at MAV Maryland, such as scheduling your driver’s test, renewing your license online, and more.
Best time to make an appointment at MAV Maryland
Keep in mind the following tips for getting to the MAV Maryland Driver’s License office.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays.
- Please note that some MAV branches will adjust their hours of operation.
- MAV Maryland offices are open for walk-in service and scheduled appointments.
- The MAV Maryland office breaks for lunch around noon, leaving fewer employees. You can avoid getting a MAV Maryland Appointment at that time if you can.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your MAV Maryland appointment, especially if you are getting a permit or taking a road test.
- Some paperwork can be completed over the phone or online. Don’t forget to call or mail to be aware of all the requirements for completing your paperwork.
MAV Maine Online Services
The Maine BMV is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online.
- Obtaining a learner’s permit
- Applying for a renewal or new Real ID
- Apply for a commercial driver’s license
- Request an appointment
- Request a driving record
- Find an interpreter service
- Take a road test
- Apply for car titling online
- Request vehicle titling appointment
- Vehicle registration renewal
- Vehicle forms
- Vehicle Emissions Inspection Programs
- Disability placards
- Vehicle license plates
- Update Insurance
The main reasons you would need to visit the MAV office in Maryland, are because you have just moved to the state, are getting a license for the first time or registering a new car. Other than that, you should be able to complete your paperwork online from the web platform or over the phone.
License and ID Card Appointment at MAV Maryland
As is well known, many new residents and those who already live in Maryland often need to make an appointment for a driver’s license, driving test, renewal, identification card, permits, among other procedures.
You can use the Maryland MAV online service, if you are a Maryland resident with an active non-commercial license, motorcycle license, restricted motorized bicycle license or a Maryland identification card, you can use the service to process a renewal or replacement of your driver’s license or identification card.
- The following link will facilitate the online process: https://mva.maryland.gov/drivers/Pages/default.aspx.
- You can also access more services by going to the list on the left.
If possible, have on hand:
- Your social security number
- A valid credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- A printer
MAV Maryland offices
Some Maryland MAV driver license offices may be closed or open to the public. As you are aware, Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP) test sites are available.
Please note that MDOT MVA does not offer VEIP testing appointments, you can simply walk-in at your convenience. View wait times from here. VEIP testing can also be completed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from a self-service center.