Get an appointment at DMV Indiana. The Division of Motor Vehicles is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork in the state of Indiana. You can schedule a BMV Indiana appointment online, by phone or in person at an office near you.
Whether it is to renew your license, take a driver’s test or simply change your address, the Indiana BMV is an important area which offers a number of services for the vast majority of people.
While you can often come in person and invest your time in expediting your paperwork, you may choose to use other online avenues to complete your driver’s license paperwork.
Steps to get an appointment at BMV Indiana
- Log in from the Indiana DMV at https://www.in.gov/bmv/.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose the option you wish to perform BMV Indiana.
- You will be able to access programs, services and resources online, as well as schedule your BMV Indiana appointment.
- However, you will also be able to check hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some DMV Indiana offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.
Keep in mind the wide variety of services you can perform online at the BMV Indiana, such as scheduling your driver’s test, renewing your license online, among others.
Best time to make an appointment at the BMV Indiana
Keep in mind the following tips for going to the BMV Indiana driver’s license office.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays.
- Please note that some BMV branches will adjust their hours of operation.
- BMV Indiana offices are open for walk-in service and scheduled appointments.
- The DMV Indiana office breaks for lunch around noon, leaving fewer employees. You can avoid getting a BMV Indiana Appointment at that time if you can.
- Be mindful of the time it will take to complete your BMV Indiana appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
- Some paperwork can be completed over the phone or online. Don’t forget to call or mail so that you are aware of all the requirements for completing your paperwork.
Indiana BMV Online Services
The Indiana BMV is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online.
The main reasons you would need to visit the equivalent office to the BMV in Indiana are because you just moved to the state, are getting a license for the first time or registering a new car. Other than that, you should be able to complete your business online from the web platform or over the phone.
Schedule a driving test appointment in Indiana
As is well known, many new residents and those already living in Indiana are often required to schedule their driving test appointment prior to receiving their driver’s license.
In Indiana, driving test appointments are required and must be scheduled a minimum of 48 hours and a maximum of 3 weeks in advance.
- To schedule your Indiana driving test, log on to: https://www.in.gov/bmv/driving-skill-examination/.
- To schedule your Indiana written exam, go to: https: //www.in.gov/bmv/licenses-permits-ids/knowledge-exam/.
When requesting your appointment:.
- You should arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to take a driving test.
- When you arrive at the branch, look for the nearest associate to inform you about your skills test, as branches currently have longer than normal wait times.
The driving test is valid for two years or until the learner’s permit expires, whichever comes first.
You do not need to schedule an appointment for your written test. Just be sure to arrive at the branch at least one hour before it closes to take the written test that day.
Indiana BMV Offices
Some Indiana BMV driver’s license offices may be closed or open to the public. As you may know, DMV is an office dedicated to serving everyone who wants to process their license, CDL, and others, and you can see a list of state offices, addresses, DMV and CDL phone numbers below.
- BMV Indiana Offices: https://www.in.gov/bmv/branch-locations-and-hours/bmv-branch-map/.