How to make an appointment at DMV Florida? If you have just moved to Florida, or if you want to make an appointment for a vehicle, driver’s license or identification, you will need to visit the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
You can schedule a DMV Florida appointment online, by phone or in person at an office near you.
Whether it’s to renew your license, take a driver’s test or simply change your address, the Florida DMV is an important area which offers a number of services for the vast majority of people.
While you can often come in person and invest your time in expediting your paperwork, you may choose to use other online avenues to complete your driver’s license paperwork.
Steps to request an appointment at DMV Florida
- Log in from the Florida DMV at https://www.flhsmv.gov/.
- Choose whether you want Driver Services or Vehicle Services at the top.
- Follow the steps, whether the process can be completed online or you must schedule a DMV Florida appointment.
- However, you will also be able to check the hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some DMV Florida offices will be able to assist you in person, others by phone.
What can I do at DMV Florida?
You will be able to perform the following procedures.
Driver’s license or driver services
Make an appointment at DMV Florida or process online if you wish to perform any of these driver and identification document related procedures.
- Driver’s License
- Identification Card
- Renew online
- Schedule an appointment
- Upload reinstatement documents
- Printable Forms
- Driver License Tracking
- Update emergency contacts
- Reinstatements, license suspensions, examinations
Please note that you must make an appointment to visit a state driver’s license office. Occasionally DMV offices in Florida may be full or may have inconvenient driving hours.
Motor Vehicle Services
The following services must be performed if you need to process any documents for your motor vehicle, license plates, trailers, boats and mobile homes.
- Online registration renewal
- Duplicate title
- International Registration Plan
- Change vehicle registration address
- Apply for a handicap parking placard
- Release of Liability
Best time to make an appointment at DMV Florida
Keep the following tips in mind when visiting the DMV Florida Driver License office.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays.
- The Florida DMV office breaks for lunch around noon, which leaves fewer employees. You can avoid getting a DMV Florida Appointment at that time if you can.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your DMV Florida appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
- Some paperwork can be completed over the phone or online. Don’t forget to call or mail to make sure you are aware of all the requirements for completing your paperwork.
What to Bring to Your DMV Florida Appointment
If you are applying for a driver’s license or a travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in Florida, you will need to bring some documents with you to your Florida DMV appointment. If you have all of your documents with you, your visit will be quicker and smoother.
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents proving your Florida residency, such as a utility bill or lease.
Florida DMV Offices
Some Florida DMV driver license offices may be closed or open to the public. As you may know, DMV is an office dedicated to serving anyone who wishes to process their license, CDL, and others. You can see a list of state offices, addresses, DMV and CDL phone numbers below.
- DMV Florida Offices: https://www.flhsmv.gov/locations/.