Get an appointment at DMV Colorado. The Division of Motor Vehicles is the office in charge of processing driver’s license, vehicle and related paperwork. You can schedule an appointment at DMV Colorado online, by phone or in person at an office near you.
Whether it is to renew your license, take a driver’s test or simply change your address, the Colorado DMV is an important area which offers a number of services for the vast majority of people.
While you can often come in person and invest your time in expediting your paperwork, you may choose to use other online avenues to complete your driver’s license paperwork.
Steps to request an appointment at DMV Colorado
- Log in from the Colorado DMV at https://dmv.colorado.gov/.
- Choose whether you want Driver Services or Vehicle Services at the top.
- Follow the steps, whether the process can be completed online or you must schedule a DMV Colorado appointment.
- However, you will also be able to check the hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some DMV Colorado offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.
What can I do at DMV Colorado?
You will be able to perform the following procedures.
Make an appointment at DMV Colorado or process online if you wish to perform any of these driver and identification document related procedures.
- Renew online
- Schedule an appointment
- Upload reinstatement documents
- Printable forms
- Driver License Tracking
- Update emergency contacts
Please note that you must make an appointment to visit a state driver’s license office. Occasionally state driver’s license offices may be full or may be inconvenienced by driving hours. If you need to schedule a driving test, check the list of Colorado driving schools.
The following services should be performed if you need to process any documents for your vehicle.
- Online Registration Renewal
- Duplicate Title
- International Registration Plan
- Change vehicle registration address
- Apply for a handicap parking placard
- Release of Liability
Best time to schedule an appointment at DMV Colorado
Keep the following tips in mind when visiting a Colorado DMV driver’s license office.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays.
- The DMV Colorado office breaks for lunch around noon, which leaves fewer employees. You can avoid getting a DMV Colorado Appointment at that time if you can.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your DMV Colorado appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
- Some paperwork can be completed over the phone or online. Don’t forget to call or mail to make sure you are aware of all the requirements for completing your paperwork.
Colorado DMV Offices
Some Colorado DMV driver’s license offices may be closed or open to the public. As you may know, DMV is an office dedicated to serving anyone who wishes to process their license, CDL, and others, and you can see a list of state offices, addresses, DMV and CDL phone numbers below.
- DMV Colorado Offices: dmv.colorado.gov/driver-license-office-locations.